Wednesday, March 12, 2014

To Sustain...

the mind can go in a thousand directions
but on this beautiful path
I walk in peace.
With each step, the wind blows
with each step, a flower blooms
Thich Naht Hahn


When I started this blog I wasn't sure where I wanted to go or where I wanted it to take me. I think deeply about a lot of things but where I connect in is what is it life which sustain's us. What is it we need, and where do we go to get it from? How much do we take and how can we give backwards and forwards so that there is enough for everyone?



Maybe this means looking at the backs of packages of food in the supermarkets....where was it made, what do the numbers mean...maybe it involves choosing a bamboo toothbrush over plastic...maybe it means living on an Island where the beach and the cotton trees are our playground instead of the steel playgrounds with shade cloths for cover...it can be at any level that we can tap into these questions.



For me it always comes down to happiness, what is it's definition, how do I get it, is it already present and I'm just not noticing it, can I be happy when so many are suffering. this is tied to love and compassion and has become my life and the journey of my family. sometimes kicking and screaming sometimes more gently as if we are blowing in the wind or gushed up by a dumper ocean wave. 

The question of happiness and how to live a better life...one that isn't just suffered through or settled into or tolerated is an important one....please feel free to join in this dialogue with me as I seek to go deeper and look further when it is usually just inside me...

No comments:

Post a Comment