Monday, March 24, 2014

Times2


Time time time
what has become of me
At times the justly beautiful encircles me
and I find myself 
as separate
how did I manage this
as time passes more separation has occurred
but somehow more connection too
deeply felt
as if what I am is what I become
and all that is around is 
so obvious and me
there is little definition between myself
the tree the ocean the wave and the sand
yet at times I see great walls
sturdy, built over a long time
difficult to fall down
perhaps we can sit on them a while
dangling our feet
sharing an ice cream
and when we are ready
we can help each other down from them
go back inside for a cup of tea
and together watch as the grass slowly takes over
some moss appears
perhaps a storm will knock into it and some stones will loosen
these are the bonds of time 
but also time breaks down
and eventually slides into another
I become what I am
there is no getting away from it now
and the walls and the ocean are simply there
they don't have to mean anything


By Vicki Kelleher
March 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment