Thursday, March 13, 2014

hanging in the vintage section

all you need is love....secondhand if you can



                                  
I love Fridays....it's a bit crazy/
busy to get out of the house - lunch boxes, swimming bags, shoes, hair, purse, boat - but I get to go dancing at the gym and come out exhausted, a bit sore, but very smiley. Then I get to hang out in my friend Mandy's vintage shop 'Willow and Fox'. So light, so sparkly, and just beautiful. Cups of tea, white linen, the faint scent of the Parisian markets and the odd 80's bridesmaid look, makes me feel calm, makes me feel like the world is a nice place. 

What I love most is that it reminds me that what is important is to re_discover the beauty of our every day, to re_define what we thought may have passed but can now be relevant again, and the sheer luxury of those fabrics such as lace and cotton and silky nylon. Colour also impacts upon our mood and changes or reflects where we are at and where we take our attention. I find that even the brightest colours can soften and change form when their context becomes vintage. 

So over tea and cake we make plans to change the world and re_confirm that it's ok to be a bit weird and a bit left of centre according to taste, design and priorities, and to emerge back out into the world replenished and revived, facing the bright sunshine reflecting off the cars as they drive off, the dodging and weaving of prams and bikes, and the strange coffee chicken smell of the supermarket. 
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this is a choice we can make every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment